Alateen is for young people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Sometimes the active drinking has stopped, or the active drinker may not live with us anymore. Even though the alcohol may be gone, and the alcoholic gone or recovering in AA, we are still affected. Many of us have received help from Alateen or Al-Anon.
Click here to find an Alateen meeting in a city near you.
a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Purposes of Alateen
Young People Come Together To:
- share experience, strength and hope with each other
- discuss their difficulties
- learn effective ways to cope with their problems
- encourage one another
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program
Alateen Members Learn
- compulsive drinking is a disease
- they can detach themselves emotionally from the drinker’s problems while continuing to love the person
- they are not the cause of anyone else’s drinking or behavior
- they cannot change or control anyone but themselves
- they have spiritual and intellectual resources with which to develop their own potentials, no matter what happens at home
- they can build satisfying and rewarding life experiences for themselves
June 21-23, 2019
for our 2019 MSA2 Roundup in
Mount Sequoyah Arkansas
for our annual convention.
(Closed Meeting) Alateen & AMIAS only.
Workshops, Candlelight Meetings, Bonfire,
Speakers & Fellowship.
June 3, 2019
Alateen Talk is a publication from Al-Anon Family Groups’ younger members. Inside you will find sharings from Alateens all over the world explaining how Alateen has helped them face some of the issues in their lives.
- The Al-Anon Family Groups website has an area especially for Alateens. Click here to access the Alateen page.
- Click here to access Arkansas Area Alateen Rules and Guidelines
- Click here to access Arkansas Area Travel Forms
- Click here to access Arkansas Area Medical Forms
- Click here to access the Al-Anon Family Groups Alateen Safety Guidelines (G34)
- Arkansas Area Alateen Coordinator is Sandra S. 479.336.2992